While we primarily focus on the neuro-musculoskeletal system such as the spine, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hands, hips, knees, ankles and feet. We specialize in addressing a variety of conditions.
- Everyday aches and sprains
- Work injuries
- Car wrecks
- Disc Problems and Sciatica
- Neck pain, headaches and all forms of back pain
- Muscle imbalance and injuries from running and exercising
- Pregnancy & post-partum care
- Carpal Tunnel & other peripheral nerve entrapments
- Tendonitis. Tennis & Golfer’s elbow, Plantar Fascitis, Jumper’s knee, Shoulder problems (Rotator cuff, impingement), Bursitis
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
How do car accidents cause neck and spine injuries and whiplash?
The neck and spine are critical to your body’s stability and function, but they aren’t designed to withstand the extreme force of sudden movement that can occur in a crash. As the car slams into an object, or vice versa, everything in the car — including your body — is thrown suddenly. The car’s seat belt, door, dashboard, or airbag halts this sudden movement, subjecting your neck and spine to extreme force and pressure at multiple points.
How can a chiropractor help with spine injuries and whiplash?
Even mild cases of whiplash can lead to long-term muscle stiffness and chronic pain. Whiplash most often results from being rear-ended; it causes your head and neck to jerk violently forward and back, putting your cervical spine under severe stress. You may experience mild tingling in the neck as a result or feel excruciating pain. Other symptoms of whiplash include:
- Blurred vision
- Shoulder pain
- Reduced range of motion in your shoulders and arms
Your treatment will be tailored to the severity of your whiplash. Our doctors will use chiropractic manipulation, muscle relaxation techniques, physical modalities and electrical muscle stimulation to help relieve your pain. They’ll teach you strengthening and mobility exercises and discuss ergonomic and lifestyle changes that will support your healing.
How can a chiropractor help disc and facet joint injuries?
The discs act like a cushion between each of the bones that make up the spine and promote movement. When these discs become damaged or misaligned due to the force and impact of a car accident, you can experience intense pain in your lower back, buttocks, and legs.
The facet joints play the important role of not allowing the spine to move too much in one direction. They have a large concentration of nerves around them, which means you feel great pain when they’re injured.
Chiropractic care during Pregnancy
- The majority of pregnant women have lower back and pelvic pain associated with pregnancy.
Back pain is one of the most common symptoms during the last trimester of pregnancy.
- There is significantly less likelihood of back labor in a woman who have had chiropractic care.
- Chiropractic care is known to be very safe for both mother and baby.
- Chiropractic care provides pain relief options free of medication.
- Our services often enable shorter labor times and faster, easier deliveries, as well as reduced backaches, headaches, and fatigue complaints.